Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What would the teacher do?

Today is another big step for Orsi - probably a rather small step for the World. I'm kind of interviewing for a job in I. Gy. Gimnázium on Thursday. Kind of... I don't exactly know what will happen. OK, I go there to see 'my future' students in action in the morning and then in the 'nagyszünet' I'll get forwarded to the dean (???) and then somebody gets to decide something. :) Weird. As a matter of fact, I've never ever had a real job interview. Probably this thingy 'Job Interview' doesn't exest in the world of teaching. I got my very first job in a language school ON THE PHONE without saying a word in English. No probs, I was teaching the week after. As for my second job... I think I've asked for getting the job, but no, I clearly don't remeber any interviews. But I had an interview at ELTE DELP indeed. On the other hand, it turned out I was presumably the only person who took all the requirements (i.e. CV, cover letter, copy of my index-book, tutors who might recommend you, etc.) seriously. I still have a day to figure something out about this 'undefineble mystery', namely a teacher's job interview.

No comments: