Tuesday, May 13, 2008

(Not so) little catch up

Since my last entry: I got hired, I had my second msn class, I got unhired...
Apparently, the teacher wanted to get salary for the summer as well, so he returned to the school and that meant my grand exit. But it's ok, I have shiny new namecards and a shiny new CV and some fancy (not shiny but new) envelopes. Did you know that there are 320 secondary schools in Budapest? I really hope that at least one needs a very well experienced English teacher :)
The other thing, (probably the biggest succes of mine ever :) the msn lesson 2.0 was even better than the first one. New and improved. Just for the record, I'm still dealing with 3-4 people at a time...never managed to have all 6 of them in front of ther PCs/Macs... I doubt that it would work as nice and smooth as it worked with this little number of people. Note to self: solve the probs:)
Linktime: these were the things I found to be serious stuffz out there on the net...
http://szotar.mokk.bme.hu/hunglish/search/corpus - this is funny like hell. You enter a word and it'll give you dozens of variations (lierature, subtitles etc.) of the required language (Ok, English and Hungarian). Check out! God bless you Nyelvtudományi Intézet.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/podcasts/docarchive/ - everybody fancy BBC. BBC related any materials are nice and highly recommended to use in-class :) That was what I did. You can listen to the programmes online, download them on your PCs/Macs or on your iPods/iAnythings as podcasts! Niiice.....
Later on I'll share some of my doubts concerning group-dynamics in one of my language school groups but it's time for me to get prepared for my next advernture, namely finding out my thesis grade! :)

1 comment:

Borisz Emil said...

Woot, new post!
Don't worry about being unhired, you'll get to work enough in your life, you don't need to start right away. :)