Sunday, December 20, 2009

Caroling differently


This year I wasn't really equipped with fancy Christmas lesson plans due to very unfortunate events... We had a school trip to Vienna which ended pretty badly for some students thanks to mulled wine. :) So I had a lot of non-teaching related things to sort out at school.
Hence, I simply asked my students what they wanted to do, what they most favoured for 'pre-Christmas school-time'. Much to my surprise, even the older ones wanted to listen to and sing Christmas songs. I gathered up some songs suitable for younger-beginner(ish) Ss and some for older-pre intermediate (or above).


Christmas songs for the wee ones:
Number one is of course Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, the Ella Fitzgerald version. I also tried this KARAOKE version and it went pretty well!


Next one is of course Jingle bells, the Frank Sinatra version followed by Alvin and the Chipmunks's Christmas Don't Be Late. They seem to enjoy the latter one the most, yet it is so very annoying :)


Christmas songs for the more mature ones:
12 Days of Christmas by Relient K, it's a pop-rock version of the original with a very funny (and very true) extra verse in it - I'm not going to tell you what, I'll just let you explore ;)


Or: I've recently came across with Straight No Chaser and I'm absolutely fond of this jam version of several Christmas songs, actually.


Next one is Santa Baby, Pussycat Dolls version.


Tomorrow and Tuesday: New Year's Resolutions :) I'm planning to make a list of the best ones and post it before Christmas. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

cinderella said...

Awesome list... well, not so much the Chipmunks, but I love the rest.
I am such a fan of Straight No Chaser!!! I just discovered them by accident last month and am totally loving their renditions of these classics!
Ok, I admit, I like the Pussycat Dolls, too :D

xoxo