Monday, December 14, 2009

My favourite printables on CLOTHES


Okay, so this post is going to be a a wee bit like Lindsey's Six Things, although I have no idea how many I'm going to end up with :)

Even though it's almost Christmas, I had to teach the wee ones (5th graders) some items of clothing, they probably would have enjoyed some carol singing more, but I wanted to get this over with before we go completely crazy and Christmasy :)

So here are my top favourite websites with DOWNLOADABLE & PRINTABLE material, all about clothing!

eslflow is a very nice-looking site (maybe I'm childish but I prefer warm and bright colours and playful fonts :) with tons of links. These concern vocabulary (describing people, housing, environment, etc.) and some other things like icebreakers, debates, grammar.
eslprintables is a tricky site but it's totally worth the trouble! So here you don't exactly get the goodies for free, but you also have to contribute with some of your own handouts. First you have to register (with this unfortunately you have to download an eslprintables toolbar, but I got rid of it in seconds, so no big deal..you just have to uninstall it) and upload some handouts done by you. If somebody else downloads them, you get points for which you can also download other teachers' stuff. You probably need to visit this site long before you need something because you have to wait for your points :) But some of the uploaded handouts are just gorgeous! You can preview them before you download.
teachchildrenesl is a site with loads of flashcards. Maybe that's why I like it so-so much :) With the little ones you definitely want to use a lot of these things. In my experience they enjoy the pictures, the coulours, the games we play with flashcards. But be careful, they can go seriously mad :)
freeeslflashcards is another flashcard site with dozens of topics including clothing and holidays as well
esltower doesn't have too many printables about a topic (maybe 2-3) but those are very nicely done. Check their grammar and pronunciation sections too!
eslkidsworld is designed for teachers of young learners. They have very usable and free handouts, my only problem is that sometimes the level required for completing the tasks is far too high for such young kids...
anglomaniacy is a site with both online and printable material !for kids only! :)

So, this is my list of favourite websites with printables, I hope you can make use of it! :)
Next time I promise, I'll go Christmasy! :P

4 comments:

Eva Büyüksimkeşyan said...

Hi,It's my first visit to your blog and I really loved it. You're doing great. Thank you for sharing those great sites for printables. I love eslflow, it' also one of my favourites.
Looking forward to reading your future posts.
Eva

Orsi said...

Thanks Eva! Really appreciated it!

Tamas Lorincz said...

Kedves Orsi!
It's so nice to find a fellow Hungarian passionate about teaching.

I'm very much looking forward to your posts and updates.

Thanks and
Kellemes Karacsonyi Unnepeket kivanok

Tamas

Orsi said...

Kedves Tamás!

Thanks and same to you and your family!