Monday, October 26, 2009

Ideas for a terrific Halloween party :)


It's a pity that at our schools the autumn break makes it impossible to celebrate Halloween at Halloween, but never mind!
At many schools it's before the the holiday breaks out but we couldn't start the arrangements in time (due to my illness and my boss's absence), so it's going to be after the autumn break.





  1. The obvious: Jack-o-Lantern carving competition. Here you have to consider who's going to bring what... I'm not quite comfortable bringing all the knives and carving tools, so I'm going to ask one of my colleagues who is responsible for the students' kitchen ('tankonyha') if she has any.
  2. Costume competition: in Hungary we dress up in fancy dresses at 'farsang' so it is possible that the students will not understand why they should wear a costume; therefore, I'm not sure anybody will wear one. If yes, definitely must be rewarded :)
  3. Quizzes and other round games: these are good if the students had already learnt something about Halloween so I like to deal with Halloween traditions and customs preceding the actual party. In our school the whole thing must be held in Hungarian because not everybody learns English :( So make up a quiz plus/or word-search puzzle, maybe some arts and crafts and games and there you have it! We'll see how many of them turn up but I'd like 3-5 groups and they could compete at the different games.
Some material I found quite handy can be found on...


Family Fun Halloween Ideas

Happy Halloween everyone and
Stay tuned for pics and other goodies of our Halloween Party! ;)
Btw! What do you think about my perfect pumpkin? :)

No comments: